Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chapter 8: An Unexpected Gathering - NOTES





o   The background for this blog is an edited snap from Semper Valere in Balzare, one of the regions they travel through in this chapter. The original snap was taken by Chemisie and you can find it here. I loved these forest regions even though there wasn’t much to actually do there besides collect quoins. The views were amazing.

o   I spent quite a bit of time in the Firebog regions during my time in Ur. I went on a crystal making binge for a bit so I got to know Chakra Phool pretty well. After the shut down announcement my full Firefly Jar was one of the few personal items I kept with me.

o   Magic Rock is right; fireflies are a bunch of show-offs.

o   Jethimadh Tower always drew me to it because it was so different than the rest of the mostly natural world. I know the devs had a lot of plans for it still, but it will always be mostly a mystery. I always thought if there were answers about the world to be had, they would be contained in some locked room in Jethimadh Tower. It was always my plan to bring Wonder there.

o   I’m not sure if a Glitch could really hold a Rook in a bag, but again, I took some artistic license.

o   There’s another Purple reference in Uncle Friendly’s speech.

o   I had also thought about expanding Helga’s part beyond this brief mention, but I decided not to try to throw too many characters into the mix.

o   If Magic Rock and Uncle Friendly’s exchange seems a little cold it’s because I imagined they had some mutual dislike of each other from dealings in the past, but they knew they needed to put that aside, at least for the moment.

o   In the first version of this part the party actually came upon the gathering of Vendors and Uncle Friendly in a dead end street in Chakra Phool and then convinced them to follow the party to the tower. I decided to change it, because frankly that made no sense. If the Vendors were going to get together they would probably choose a landmark, not some random side street.

No comments:

Post a Comment