Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chapter 7: A Quest! - NOTES





o   I’m a fan of fantasy books and RPG games so one of my main goals was to get this rag-tag party together. Of course this party is unlike any party I’ve ever read about or played in a game.

o   I had a deep fascination with the Ancestral Lands in the game. Even though they turned out to be mostly featureless and barren criss-crossing streets I still wondered what it was about them that caused such a strong reaction in Glitchen. Having Wonder visit the Ancestral Lands was another discarded plot point. At first I wanted to put the object of a quest somewhere out there,  but then later the idea evolved into having Wonder seek out Juju Grandma for guidance or some other reason. In the end I decided against it. The Ancestral Lands have their own story about the end of their world; it wasn’t necessary to tie it into this one.

o   I expect Magic Rock would be the most upset at the thought of the rocks losing their voices.

o   Bubble Trees were crazy. Just read their conversations.

o   So, this exchange takes place on Maaku Mills in Tahli. I know there are no Paper Trees there; I don’t believe there are any paper trees anywhere in Tahli, but having Wonder sit under a Paper Tree paints a much nicer picture than having Wonder sit under a Bean Tree or an Egg Plant. Plus I loved the Paper Trees, so I took some artistic license.

o   I’m pretty sure I had another Purple reference ready for this section, but it felt out of place so it got cut.

o   Every party needs a quest or else it’s just a group of friends hanging out, which rarely makes for a compelling story.

No comments:

Post a Comment