Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chapter 6: Rook Attack - NOTES





o   I figured if anyone besides the inexperienced Wonder would give a good Rook a chance it would be Magic Rock. He’s a smart guy and he knows that if Koro hadn’t pecked the imagination out of the last Glitch in Ur yet then there must be more to her story.

o   I knew early on how I wanted Wonder to find out about the Rook, and it wasn’t from Magic Rock or Mr. Trinkets outing Koro, so this was a little trickier to write. How do you introduce sworn enemies and convince one that the other’s not a threat without actually discussing the age-long conflict? I guess this chapter is how I did it, but I’m sure it could have been handled better.

o   I had to work in a brief reference to Tiny Speck, the company behind Glitch. It’s not super subtle, but it wasn’t meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment