Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 14: The Last Journey - NOTES





o   See, Uncle Friendly’s not such a bad guy, he just didn’t want to give up on his world.

o   The springy fungus-like growths are the red trampoline platforms found in Kloro in Haoma. I’m not sure what they’re supposed to be, but they look like mushrooms to me.

o   The last “normal” street they’re on is Russula Involutii. Distant End and Uutiif were only accessible from here and I loved them so much I had this street as one of my permanent teleportation slots.

o   The sunset street Wonder finds on the other side of the door is Distant End, a late addition to the world of Glitch.

o   I’m not sure if it was designed this way, or if it’s because Distant End was a Seam Street, but you were never there with another Glitch. Everyone got their own Distant End and it made it feel incredibly lonely, but incredibly personal at the same time. I really loved that place.

o   The specifics of traveling from Distant End to Uutiif were artistically altered a bit, but the basics of it are pretty much how I described it. There really is the word “bye” written in the sky and you float up past it to reach Uutiif. Here's a snap, look closely. I read about this before I experienced it, but it was still remarkably sad to see that message. I think for that reason Uutiif represented the end of the game more than any other place.

o   I loved Uutiif so much I originally intended to spend the last moments before the shutdown there, but as most people remember there were a lot of server issues and I couldn’t get online in the last twenty minutes or so. Once I finally did I knew it would be ridiculously packed and probably run too slow to enjoy so I spent my last moments on my home street with Mr. Trinkets and Magic Rock, which is where I should have been anyway.

o   If you visited Uutiif you likely remember how full it was of stuff. People left all kinds of things there—at one point there was a tower of plates of beans—but mostly there were so many notes it was hard to see the ground in places. I loved that it became sort of a repository for goodbye notes. I left my own there too. Occasionally someone would come by and clean the place up, which I thought was rude. All those goodbyes were just gone, but Uutiif never stayed clean for long. The devs added the notes found on each street to the encyclopedia, so if you visit the Uutiif page you can see what people left there. There are like four copies of my notes because I kept thinking they were getting tossed out so I left multiple copies without realizing it. You can ignore those.

No comments:

Post a Comment